The exquisite city of Lisbon will be hosting an exciting dancing event named Lisbon Blues 2020. This beguiling affair will be conducted by a noted organizer – Swing Station.
This event took a backseat in 2019 to make way for Lisbon Blues Exchange event. But the organizers are back & want to ensure a grand event fit for tourists & visitors. With sightseeing, captivating live music & renowned DJs, the swing dancing weekend is the ideal choice for an eventful getaway.
The conveners of this event have 9 expert teachers who regularly conduct dancing classes in different styles of dance. They also conduct the Atlantic Blues & Atlantic Swing Festival annually. So, you can expect a feature-packed dancing extravaganza for your friends & family. Apply for Portugal visa & take part in Lisbon Blues 2020 to make memories for life.
Dates & venues of Swing Dancing Weekend in Lisbon, Portugal
This fun-filled affair will be held from 20th March to 22nd March
The venues are as follows:
- Time Out Market Lisboa
- ODD Trindade
- Palácio das Especiarias
- Teatro Dom Luiz Filipe (Teatro da Luz)
- Commune Feestje donderdag
These are the tentative venues. Actual venues & timings will be announced later on the official website of Lisbon Blues Exchange.
Lisbon Blues 2020 Programme Guide
- There won’t be any specific event on this day but a social gathering will be conducted by Samba de Gafieira community.
- You can relish wonderful music by Samba de Gafieira which might nudge you to dance your heart out!
- This Thursday pre-party will be held from 8.30 p.m to 10.30 p.m
- The first Blues party of Lisbon Blues 2020 will start from 11.15 p.m.
- Live music by popular DJs will make you tap your feet in no time.
The schedule is as follows:
- 11.15 to 1.00 – Check-in for the Blues Party
- 11.00 to 11.40 – Samba de Gafieira’s Taster Class
- 11.40 onwards – The Blues Party
- Another event called Band & DJ will be organized which will be announced at a later date.
This is the following event line-up for 21st March:
A wonderful sightseeing programme will be conducted by the organizers. This activity will start at 3 p.m & will go on till 5 p.m. Meeting point will be announced at a later date.
You will get an opportunity to dance in a Palace which is located at the center of Lisbon. The surrounding area is a shopping hub which might entice you to grab some good attires. The venue is Taverna Camões (Palácio das Especiarias) & the timings are 5 p.m to 8 p.m.
This late-night Blues party will start from 11.15 p.m. Dance to your heart’s content on live music by DJs.
The line-up of events for the last day of the dancing revelry is as follows:
Time Out Dance Blues & Samba
This Swing Station event is characterized by a fusion of rhythms for an enigmatic experience. Groove to different music styles & dance forms for a momentous vacation. This alluring affair will be held at Time Out Market & the timings are 5 p.m to 9 p.m.
End your eventful Portugal vacation with the last Blues Party which will be held from 11 p.m till late midnight.
Tickets of Lisbon Blues 2020
- The first 15 tickets are priced at 50 €.
- The regular ticket price is 60 €.
- This ticket includes 3 blues party & daytime activities as mentioned above. Additional prices will be announced on the official website of Lisbon Blues Exchange.
Apart from this captivating event, you can also discover a wide range of beautiful Lisbon tourist attractions. You can also savor mouth-watering delicacies in road-side cafes or posh restaurants. So, what are you waiting for? Grab a Portugal visa & visit Lisbon for an unforgettable experience.